Friday, May 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie and Other Minor Achievements

I'm not quite sure if it's the 35th week of pregnancy or just plain gluttony but my usual love for all things sweet has intensified immensely!  I tried a new recipe today.. Aunt Elaine's Peanut Butter Pie.  The great thing about this recipe is that it makes 2 pies and for whatever reason I think my batch could have squeezed out a 3rd! I am thinking it will freeze fabulously and be a quick dessert after dinner once baby is here.  Here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Pie
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk (slightly less)
2 (8 ounce each) containers of cool whip
2 graham cracker pie crusts
**mini chocolate chips for decorative topping** my special version

1) beat the softened cream cheese
2) add the sugar, milk and peanut butter until light and creamy
3) fold in cool whip
4) pour into crusts, sprinkle with choco chips (optional)
5) freeze overnight


I also made chocolate chip cookies...some of which are for eating tonight but I'm going to try and freeze the rest.  Hope they turn out well once thawed!


Outside the kitchen, I have not done much but Derrek has made such wonderful progress on the dresser! I picked up some knobs today and all that is left is to finish the mirror.  I can't wait until it is all done! On the other dresser I decided to incorporate a pattern from the baby's bedding for fun.  I hope this isn't a big mistake, but it seems like it will be easy to paint over if it doesn't turn out well. I just was thinking we needed to break up all the white furniture.  Two more drawers to go on that one! 


You can't really tell but these are white with purplish pink "petals" on them.

Comprehensive nursery pictures will follow once completed! To do: hang pictures on the walls and buy a lamp for the dresser!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all the furniture you've done for Gloria. It all looks wonderful, and I know it will be special to her when she's older to know her parents redid it for her. :)

    Thanks for sharing the peanut butter pie recipe. I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete