Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Voila!

There was much satisfaction in my heart today watching Derrek put up the pictures in the nursery room.  Finally, we can say we are DONE with little G's nursery. Of course we will make little additions here and there...a hamper, a shelf, but everything I had set my mind on is now finished! I am so happy with the way it turned out.  I even made a last minute project out of hanging her quilt and sewed on two ribbons to secure it on the wall. 


In the kitchen I tried another new recipe, Aunt Elaine's Oreo Pie.  It is currently in the freezer but my sneek peak today gave me a glimpse of just how yummy it is going to be and refreshing on a hot summer day.  At the hubby's request I also made an apple pie.  I usually reserve apple pie for the fall but he deserved a special treat for all of his hard work. 

Oreo Pie- I found that this will make 2 pies

2 Rows of oreo cookies
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
oreo pie crust (I bought the ready made ones)

Beat ice cream in large bowl until soft.  Add crushed oreos and beat until well mixed. Pour into pie crusts.  Freeze at least 4 hours. 


Its a good thing I'm almost through my pregnancy, I am not sure how many more pies my body or kitchen aid can take!



1 comment:

  1. The room looks great! Now all we need is Baby G. =)

    Thanks for entering my giveaway! It's the first one I've hosted so I was nervous about getting any entries. And I checked your FB page (under Info) and you are a fan of SweeterThanSweets already.

    ReplyDelete